SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ low-emissivity glass
Harnessing even more solar energy at the same low U-value for the most energy efficient windows yet.
- Better thermal insulation — excellent thermal insulation whilst maximising free solar heat gain, saves on energy and heating bills
- More comfortable rooms — better insulation means fewer cold spots
- Less condensation — The inner surface of the glass stays warmer
- Less of a tint to the glass — Gives clear vision — Curtains do not look dirty or discoloured
- Less chance of “haze” than other thermally insulating glass due to the way it is manufactured
- Environmentally friendly — SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ saves energy and protects the environment
- Best for Window Energy Ratings — specifically designed for WERs, SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ makes A-ratings more easily achievable.
SGG PLANITHERMTOTAL + represents the next generation of low-emissity (low-E) coating technology and is an evolution of the UK and Ireland’s leading low-E coating brand, SGG PLANITHERMTOTAL.
SGG PLANITHERMTOTAL+ is a revolutionary high performance low-E glass. Developed specifically for the particular needs of the UK market, SGG PLANITHERMTOTAL+ has been optimised for Window Energy Ratings (WERs) making it the most energy efficient low-E glass available today.
Using the very latest advancements inmagnetron coating technology from Saint-Gobain Glass, it combines many of the processing qualities of traditional hard coat products with the superior performance and aesthetics of the SGG PLANITHERM range. The unique coating is stable during the tempering process, making it the world’s first ‘single stock’ offline coated low-E range for use in annealed or toughened form.
SGG PLANITHERM TOTAL+ is an extremely versatile low-E solution suitable for a wide range of domestic and commercial applications:
- Windows and skylights
- Patio doors, french doors and other external doors
- Conservatories and sun rooms Commercial
- Curtain walling
- Structural glazing
- Overhead glazing
SGG PLANITHERMTOTAL+ is manufactured on Saint-Gobain Glass UK’s magnetron coater. A unique combination of multiple metal oxide layers are applied to high quality SGG PLANILUX clear float glass using a magnetically enhanced cathodic sputtering process under vacuum conditions. The resultant microscopically thin and transparent metallic coating very effectively reflects long-wave heat radiation back into a room, thereby retaining heat within a building, whilst maximising natural light transmission.